GAPS is a term, which stands for Gut and Psychological Syndrome, created by Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride in 2004 after working with hundreds of children and adults with neurological and psychiatric conditions. The connection between the functions of the digestive system, the brain and the immune system have been well established since and now GAPS is also an acronym for Gut and Physiological Syndrome focusing on autoimmunity and inflammation in general.
Dr Campbell-McBride developed a healing dietary protocol that is nowadays applied by practitioners around the world to support their patients recovering from conditions such as:
- ADHD, ADD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, autism, Asperger’s or other learning, social or behavioural presentations.
- Depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) Food, chemical or respiratory allergies / sensitivities.
- IBS, Constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, colitis, Crohn’s or other digestive disorders, including colic in babies
- Asthma, eczema, thrush, bed wetting
- Chronic fatigue, arthritis, ankylosing spondilitis, lupus or any autoimmune issue
Dr Adriana Candeias has trained directly with her and is a certified GAPSTM practitioner.